Fire Retardant Mechanism of Calciborite
Calciborite is an aqueous calcium borate mineral formed from boromagnesite and borax. The fire retardant mechanism it has is explained in detail below.
1. When Calciborite is heated above 300℃, it slowly releases crystal water, absorb a large amount of heat energy and lowering the temperature of the burning surface.
2. The released water dilutes the oxygen in the air to suppress the combustion reaction.
3. Finally, a glassy film of boron oxide is formed to cover the polymer and to function as a heat insulating and oxygen barrier.
4. It is compounded with organic halides and has better flame retardant effect.
- May 29, 20191. Medical industry: boric acid ointment, disinfectant, astringents, antiseptic.2, flame retardant: boric acid alone or with borax.3. Metallurgy: additives and solvents in the production of boron stee...view
- May 29, 2019Boric acid is heated to 100 ℃, due to constantly lose water, become metaborate it first, it has three variants, melting point 176 ℃, 201 ℃ and 236 ℃ respectively. Boric acid dehydration to produce...view
- May 29, 2019When using boric acid, the sample should be processed. Next, I will introduce the sample treatment method of boric acid.1. Non-reduction boric acid disposalThe samples of physiological body fluids, se...view