Fire Retardant Mechanism of Calciborite
Calciborite is an aqueous calcium borate mineral formed from boromagnesite and borax. The fire retardant mechanism it has is explained in detail below.
1. When Calciborite is heated above 300℃, it slowly releases crystal water, absorb a large amount of heat energy and lowering the temperature of the burning surface.
2. The released water dilutes the oxygen in the air to suppress the combustion reaction.
3. Finally, a glassy film of boron oxide is formed to cover the polymer and to function as a heat insulating and oxygen barrier.
4. It is compounded with organic halides and has better flame retardant effect.
- October 25, 2018The boiling point of sodium nitrate is the temperature at which the saturated vapor pressure of the product is equal to the external pressure. Therefore, the more knowledge we know about the product, ...view
- August 9, 2018Environmental problems are becoming more and more serious all over the world. Here it is also serious in China. The government has taken series of actions to protect the environment from 2017 such as ...view
- October 25, 2018BoronBoron is a complex found in natureUsed in flame retardants, leather industry, cosmetics, photographic materials, soap cleaners, high energy fuels.Boron will enter the environment through natural ...view